Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 3 & 4 Status Update

I didn't even make it a month before slacking...apparently blogging once a week is too much for me (insert sarcasm). I also have a terrible memory, so I can't exactly fill in the past two weeks with what I experienced. I'm going to go with nothing too earth shattering. I know last week I worked late every night, so I had no time to think about anything at all. Regardless of my forgetfulness, here are two takeaways:


  • One area of giving I've paid more attention to this past month is tipping. Why? I don't know. Most people probably wouldn't share how much they tip someone, but I will go ahead a do it anyway. I tip at least 20% when eating out, more if they are exceptional. I'm not trying to brag or make anyone feel guilty. I haven't been a waitress or anything like that. It's just an opportunity to bless someone else.
  • I guess I should fess up. I cheated. I bought a book (see below). It was on my first week's summary as a wanted item. I was trying to hint to my husband that I wanted the actual book rather than the Kindle version and he just wasn't catching on...so I bought it. I was going to have him buy it, but me telling him to buy it is the same as me actually buying it myself. Let me know if you disagree, but it's too late now. The book is for a Bible study, so I'm not sure if that really counts against me, but now you know.


---------------------------------------
Week 3 Summary:
Donated
3 Photos through Donate A Photo (Johnson & Johnson)
---------------------------------------
Week 4 Summary:
Donated
3 Photos through Donate A Photo (Johnson & Johnson)
Extra kitchens supplies (Unique Thrift Store)

Bought
Building a Discipleship Culture by Mike Breen and Steve Cockram
---------------------------------------

So there you have it. Two weeks of me slacking in my journey. Good thing tomorrow's a new day...and Lord willing, I will be here to do better.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment