Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 5, 6, 7, & 8 Status Update

Ummm....I hope I haven't started a pattern. It's been a month since my last post and my lack of updates equals my lack of focus on this project. I've been seconds from giving up several times now. It hasn't been over large items I've wanted to purchase either. Once it was because I wanted to buy sheets. I also tried to reason with myself that sheets don't count as buying something for myself (plus they're only $30)...but I forced myself to accept that I have perfectly good sheets so I do not need new ones.

I actually bought a toilet cover and bath mat from Target because they were WAY on sale...like only $3.88/each on sale. I felt incredibly convicted, so I used an app called shopkick to redeem points for a $10 gift card, meaning I was able to buy them without breaking the rules. Gift cards are free game as long as they are given to me or I earn them...I can't just buy myself a gift card.

Temptation I couldn't resist.


I have also purchased plastic containers to organize some things around our house. We're in the process of preparing for a move, which means I've been sorting through our belongings, purging, and reorganizing. I'll admit, I LOVE organizing...like REALLY LOVE it. It's one of my favorite things to do. Again, I struggled with the issue of want vs. need with these containers. My conclusion was two-fold: 1) I would have bought temporary boxes to move the items that are now in containers and 2) I will donate the amount I spent to Project Little Black Dress 2014. I'm also trying to sell some items we no longer need which could cover the cost of the containers as well...regardless I'm still going to donate to Project LBD 2014.

---------------------------------------
Week 5, 6, 7, & 8 Summary:
Donated
8 Photos through Donate A Photo (Johnson & Johnson)
Project Little Black Dress - A21 Campaign (via Crowdwise)
Clothes (McLean Bible Church Clothing Shop)
---------------------------------------

Basically I've been an all around slacker without much focus on anything the past month. I fell off both the bible studies I was participating in and haven't been intentional with giving. I'm glad that our God is gracious and loving. Starting today I will be better.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment